1936 buick front fender length

Guest mclbuick2002

Guest mclbuick2002

There were 3 different lengths of front fenders on 1936 Buicks. The 40 series are 66" from running boards to front of fender. Does anyone have a 60 or 80/90 series that can tell me the length of their fenders? I bought a set of fender well fenders that were supposed to be 40 series but are 71" long. Are they 60 or 80/90 series?

Measured the front fenders on my 1936 Century Convertible Coupe and front to rear they are approx. 66" - which surprised me as I thought they would be longer than the 40 Series fenders.

I know the Century running boards are about 5" longer than the 40 Series as replacement running board rubbers are only available for the Special and when I measured I found they would be short by that length.

To add to this I measured another pair of fenders I have which I believe are from a 1936 Roadmaster - they are also around 66" long. They are however several inches wider than the Century fenders.

My parts book gives a different part number each for 40, 60 and 80-90 Series.

Interested to see if anyone comes up with a measurement longer than 66".

Guest mclbuick2002

Stuart

If you have fender wells , how long are they? The 40 series are about 30 1/2 " while the unknown 71" fenders have wells about 32" long.Did 1937 fenders have the 3 chrome strips on the inner front side like the 1936? These fenders have holes on the top for side lights like the 1937. However , they are identical to the 40 series 1936 except for being longer, wider and longer wells. What series and year are they?

Stan

My fender wells are about 30" long and 8 1/2" wide ( about 10" where the bracket sits ).

The 40 series had a 16" wheel as did the 80-90 series ( wider than the 40 series wheels ) but the Century rode on 15" wheels in 1936 and took a wider tyre.

Maybe your fenders are from a 90 Series Limited, how wide are they?

Guest Two Roadmasters

I was out yesterday and measured the lenght of my -36 Roadmaster fender with fenderwell. The lenght from running board connection to its most forward point was so close to 71" that you could come. So it seems as you have Roadmaster fenders in your possession.

I restored my -36 in the mid 70:s and if I can be of any help for you in other issues I would be glad to assist you.

Mats Ahrin

BCA# 5373

Guest mclbuick2002

Mats

Thank you for the length of Roadmaster fenders. Solves a mystery.I can now try and sell them rather than taking to the dump.I restored my 40 series 4 door Mclaughlin Buick in 2000 and have just added spares in the fenders.I have made more driveable with radial tires,a 6volt alternator and quart halogen lights.

Stan

B.C. Canada