Lincoln Zephyr as ww2 staff car?

Guest Mr.Halftrack

Guest Mr.Halftrack

Hello all from Norway, I have just got my first restoration project and what a start. I will start on a 1938 Lincoln Zephyr sedan.

And since this has a little restricted budget I am considering making it a ww2 staff car painted in OD and with a white star on the hood and on the side of the doors.But it would be fun if the type of car actually once in the history was used as one.

So does anyone know something about this?

regards

Raymond

Guest Silverghost

Do a Google photo search for General Patton's staff car.

You will it pictured in a US museum.

It is painted as you described .

Mr. Halftrack: Do you OWN a halftrack ?

Raymond, this sounds like a fun project, but I doubt if any 38 Lincolns saw duty as official staff cars. As you know,staff cars were mostly 1942 models of Ford, Chevy , and Plymouth with Plymouth being the most numerous. A smaller number of 41's were used and possibly a few 40's but I've never heard of a 38 anything in official use. I have two friends who restored 41 buicks as Navy cars from a picture taken in Iceland and there exists a 42 Packard that was used by Gen Macarthur.I never heard of any Lincoln used at all but how many people would know? Especially in the land of the northern lights. Good luck.

Guest Mr.Halftrack

Hi and thanks for the replys I will do it anyway,and I just sold my M3 halftrack after this summer,but miss it all the time.

I have several other things to with my spare time so it is not a big problem.

I will post photos of the project when I start.

best regards

Raymond