"Delcotron" colors

OldsDoug

Help me out here, guys - I'm rebuilding a '70s external-regulator-style alternator and figured that I'd also spruce it up a little bit. It doesn't have to be show-quality so I'm not going to fool with trying to duplicate the factory iriditing or anodizing. I know that the case should be "dull aluminum", but what about the fan and pulley? Seems to me that one of them was originally gold-anodized... but if that's correct, I can't remember which part that was, and what the other one should be... thanks.

I can't be 100% confident that the finish I use is absolute original but they look great and the customer is always happy. Here's what I do: Housings-Bare Aluminum w/ clearcoat, Fan, Pulley& Nut- Zinc Plated w/ very little brightener (looks like Cadmium Blue), Stator (Metal strip between two housings)-Painted a slight amber/almost natural steel. I've never had a customer comment that it isn't correct, but would love to hear from someone who knows for sure. Hopefully someone responds with credible knowledge. Also Note-You can get Cad Blue paint from Eastwood.

Jason @ Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

Grand Ledge, MI

jason@aerrebuild.com

1-866-228-0218

Thanks, Jason! That's a help - I think maybe the fans may have been anodized and had a greenish-gold appearance, and the steel pulleys just had a clear anodized finish. Yeah, been a long time since I've seen a new one! Thanks for the tip on Eastwood... in fact I had hoped to get up to Hershey tomorrow and some of their paints were (are) on my list, but family matters are gonna keep me at home... will have to wait for Spring Carlisle, I guess. Again, thanks for the reply.