1930 Dodge Brothers 1 Ton

farrellg

I am trying to identify the colors on my 1930 Dodge Brothers 1 ton. I have looked at some paint chips from 29 and 30 but do not see the color of my wheels. I have included a picture below. My fenders, running boards and side curtains were black. I assume a gloss chassis black. My hood, cowl and cab were a dark blue. My steel wheels I am having trouble finding something close. I believe the color was some sort of gold, but do not find anything like it in any of the chip colors. Does anyone have an idea of the color of the cast steel wheels for the 1930 1 Ton?

post-69599-143138319896_thumb.jpg

Assuming you are looking at the color chips on autocolorlibrary.com, they are nearly useless and meaningless for the 29/30 vehicles, completely innacurate material. If you have some other sort of info will you share what that might be?

My suggestion would be to contact other 1 ton or truck owners and hear what they have found, I do not know of any that frequent this message board though so that will mean going into the club roster.

Trucks were shipped pretty bare so that the new owner could outfit them to their liking so I feel that the info you are seeking will be an interesting project.

I looked at some dodge brothers paint chips that were for sale on Ebay (I did not buy, just blew up the pictures) as well as searching posts for possible colors of the era. Not real scientific. I also talked to the Chrysler museum, however they did not have anything that they could refer to for this particular truck model U133. So at this point I am really grasping at straws. My wheels still have some paint on them and what is there is definitely a dark yellow / gold. What I dont know is if this was an original color or something someone painted in its 80 year life. Not only were the wheels and hubs this color, so were the brake drums. I have seen several fords with a similar yellow on their wire rims of the error. I will have to see if I can figure out how to find other Dodge 1 Ton owners. I am new and not sure how to do that yet.

I personally have found the WPC a complete waste of time, tried consistently to get various people to answer an e-mail of inquires I had with absalute ZERO response, surprised to hear that Keiser has had better luck.

Chances are that if the drums also have the gold that it is not original color as the wheels would have been painted originally off the vehicle and the drums as far as I know most certaintely would not have been painted anything but possibly the chasis black.

The Dodge club has a roster and within that are at least a few members listed that would own a similar vehicle as yours, dont know how you would get the roster other than to possibly join the club but if you are not interested in that than you can e-mail me at jhason2@yahoo.com and I will try and put you in touch with at least one other fellow that I have talked with in the past that was eager and friendly to talk with me about trucks.