320ci Vacuum Line Question

Malo48

Does anyone have a photo/drawing/spare of the vacuum line that runs from the vac pump to the windshield wiper motor on a 320ci (in a '48 RM)? The manual's drawing doesn't help and I can't seem to find a good enough underhood photo that shows one - they all disappear behind the plug wires, etc.

Thanks for your help!

-Mike

that line is made of 5/16 steel line from the vacuum pump to the rear of the engine then rubber line straight up to the wiper motor. The steel line is esentally brake line with the brake line flare fitting going into the pump and open ended to accept the rubber vacuum line at the rear of engine. This steel line goes behind the distributer and hooks on to some clips attached to the engine valve cover on the side of the engine. A few bends are required to make it fit tight against the engine cover. hope this helps

Great, thanks so much for that...I kinda figured it made that route back toward the firewall, but the old line isn't there (the previous owner bypassed it and went straight to the manifold with new tubing). I just wanted to be sure the line didn't make some strange bypass or go somewhere else first. Thank you again!

-Mike