Landau Bar Joint

Friartuck

Looking for a drawing or picture on how a Landau Bar hinge joint is formed? If anyone has a Landau Bar laying around and could take a picture of both sides while open and seperated, it would be appreciated. These pictures don't provide enough information, like are the large circular caps a part of the bar or are they seperate peices and screwed together? How do the Bar's pivot points mate together?

post-31549-143138299771_thumb.jpg

post-31549-143138299772_thumb.jpg

Having had to work on landaus for the cabriolet I have some familiarity here. The buttons are separate from the arms They are on the ends of a center shaft that is inside a bronze bushing. Originally they are a press fit that locks on the shaft I believe. When I repaired mine I used a spring pin of proper size and pressed this in instead. It has worked fairly well but occasionally I have to gently put the assembly in a vice and re-press the sandwich as vibration seems to loosen it.

For a really good discussion and pics of a well done repair got to

Cabriolet - Message Index

and search for 'landau repair. This is a Model A Cabby forum and a guy there named Kevin did a great job on his repair. He also documented it for the rest of us with instructions and pics that are very good. There is probably a couple of threads on it in that forum. Kevin lives in NJ also so you may be able to hook up with him even.

Good luck-