Wanting info about an old cadillac grille

Guest hixsix

Hi,

I have what I believe to be a 1931 Phaeton Cadillac grille. I'm wondering if anyone here can confirm this. I'd also like to know if what I have is rare or common, and I'd like to know how much this grille might be worth. Thanks!

(I will attach a picture.)

post-69963-14313829458_thumb.jpg

post-69963-143138294609_thumb.jpg

Guest wombvette

It has a 31 V8 emblem on it. It looks correct, but you need to verify whether 8-12 or 16. There is a little difference in height. Value depends on condition and plating. They are not particularly rare, many were saved. They show up on e-bay often.

Thanks for the reply.

How do I verify 8-12 or 16 (and what do those numbers that mean? Sorry, I don't know much yet about the antique cadillacs) - do I just measure from top to bottom? If so, it's 36-1/2 inches tall...and 23 inches wide.

The condition seems to be excellent...near mint.

I searched and searched yesterday and couldn't find anything similar for sale on ebay or anywhere else. Do you have any idea what it could be worth?

• 8 months later...
Guest hixsix

Johan,

Thanks for the info. I own the part showing only.

I am thinking of selling, so I will send you a PM.

Sorry for such a long delay in replying....my old computer crashed, and it took us several months before we could get another computer, and then it me took me for a couple more months to get my act together and find this website again.

givin your dimension 36 1/2 and 23 and the fact it has a V-8 emblem it's most likely a 1930 353 V-8 stone guard,

you own the part showing only, no support, no brackets ?

Should you decide to sell, you might want to send me a PM, thanks Johan

Just so I understand this...does this mean that only the V-8 car would have the standard Cadillac emblem and the other emblems for the V-12 and V-16 had the designation on the emblem?