Selling my vehicle- need some help

Guest Gran Turismo

Guest Gran Turismo

This is the first car I owned and is fully paid for. its a 94' 911 with about 49k on it. I want something more economical. I have been told many different things about selling Porsche. I was first just going to trade it in but my friend told me they would eat me alive at the dealership and I would practically get nothing for it.

Then I heard ebay motors was good but im unsure about the fee and I hear alot of headaches come from the buyers. I also heard that a used car dealership works well but they take a large chuck of your money.

What should I do? for sale by owner, trade in, used car dealership, ebay?

if anyone has knowledge on this, please help me out.

Welcome aboard !

I would start with this web site. Post a FOR SALE Ad and see what happens. You never know.

If you do not get nibbles from the AACA Web site. I would try Craig's List. I recently followed this route and sold the car in less than a week. ( the buyer saw on Craig's list. )

I have heard positive and negative on selling cars on eBay.

Best of luck selling the car !

Guest wagonho

Hi. I would try finding out if there's a Porsche members club and advertise in their publication. (I assume there is as there's a club for pretty much every make of car.)

It's only my opinion but I think people should put more emphasis on the depreciation feature and less on fuel costs. I would guess that much if not all of the depreciation costs have already happened on the Porsche and if your car's in good shape , which appears from your description to be the case, why not keep it.

I'd say do the math - calculate the total fuel costs for your existing car and the fuel cost for the new one and compare the difference to the extra depreciation you'd be paying - you might be shocked !! Good luck, Stan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gran Turismo

hey guys I didnt realize that ebay worked so well. I hit my reserve and sold my car. now I need to ship it seattle. any body know of a good shipping company that does enclosed shipping?