1934 Dodge Brothers KC Horns and Bumper Trim Cover

Guest 34 db kc nv

Guest 34 db kc nv

I am in the process of restoring a 1934 Dodge Brothers KC pickup and I am looking for a pair of trumpet horns that mount to the headlight brackets that are attached to the fender, see attached photo. I am also looking for the cover trim piece that is installed over the bolt that holds the bumper bracket to the front of the truck frame.

Some day, I hope to have my truck looking like the one in the photo.

Please respond to Fred @ 34dbkcnv@gmail.com.

post-69409-143138273556_thumb.jpg

post-69409-143138273587_thumb.jpg

post-69409-143138273616_thumb.jpg

Guest DodgeKCL

The covers on the bumper mounting bolts were "optional at extra cost". You don't have to have a set to be authentic. But if you must have them N.C. Industries of Sayre Penn. make them for Plymouths and they're the same. They also make the rear piece behind the bumper bracket that the bolt goes through.

The horns were the same, "optional". The truck comes with an engine bracket mounted horn from the factory. If I'm not wrong those horns you see on that pickup require special headlight stanchions with 'platforms' built in to them to mount the horns on. You'll require them too.

I'm restoring a KC as well except mine has a custom built van body on it. However the rest is KC,actually a KCL which means it has the 119" long wheelbase. If you have any questions I've been 19 years looking for answers. I have a few now.

Guest 34 db kc nv

Thank you Dodge KCL for the information on the bumper bolt cover. As you can see by the 2 bumper pictures, I have one cover and only need one. I will contact the person you gave me.

On the trumpet horns, the head light brackets that I have are the type that are ready to receive the trumpet horns. I would not even known about the trumpet horns until I found the picture on my previous thread. Since finding that picture, I have seen several other DB's while I am looking for other parts and supplies. However, I do appreciate your response.

I am very new at this and I have a long road to go to get my 34 DB into the shape like the red/black one in the picture except mine will be all black. I could be wrong, but I don't think red was available in 1934. As you can see in the picture, the paint on my 34 DB has a lot of rock chips. My uncle drove on a lot of Montana gravel roads before it was given to me. I inend to sand blast the paint off and start from scratch. Fortunately, my 34 DB does not have any rust cavaties. The only thing I won't sand blast is my wood spoke wheels.

Again, thank you for the information.

Have a great day,

34 db kc nv :)

Guest DodgeKCL

Yes red was available but optional at extra cost for 1934 for everything except the Commercial Sedan otherwise called the "Humpback".

The 1934 colors were:

Black fenders and sheet metal on all trucks

Body colors were:

Dodge Brothers Blue (I believe this to be a very dark blue)

Gray Olive

Kiltie Green (optional on all except the Commercial Sedan,"Humpback")

Maroon ( " " " ")

Monarch Maroon (optional on Commercial Sedan)

Oakbrook brown (optional on all except Commercial Sedan)

Ripley Brown ( " " " " " )

Shaw Yellow ( " " " " " )

Smoke Gray (optional on Commercial Sedan)

Suburban Blue

Twentieth Century Red (optional on all except commercial Sedan)

(1935 colors were almost the same)

What color does yours appear to be originally?

Guest 34 db kc nv

Thank you again DodgeKCL for the information.

First, I went onto N.C. Industries website and found six items that I will be needing in the near future. I e-mailed Bob the list of parts for pricing and pictures.

Secondly, you have put me in a big quandry. Like I said before, I am very new at restoring a vehicle. I never knew that there would be that many color choices, :cool:. My uncle was a Air Force civilan employee and he had the truck painted Air Force Blue. Through the paint chips, it appears that the truck was originally black.

Thirdly, I am going to the Northern California Dodge Brothers "Great Gatsby Festival" this weekend at South Lake Tahoe, CA. My wife, son and I will be spending two days there. I won't be taking my DB this time but some day when I am farther along I will be participating in showing it. I am really excited to meet with other DBers. Who knows, some day we may even meet at a BD event. I am also anxious someday to visit the DBC Museum.

Thanks Again,

Have a great day.

• 2 years later...