DEFECTIVE INNER TUBES WARNING

idrjoe_sandiego

About eight months ago I purchased some tires and tubes for my 1932 Packard, but fortunately haven't installed them yet. OK, so big deal. Well, it turns out that the Packard tubes were made in the same place where the DEFECTIVE tubes for my 29 Dodge were made. These foreign made tubes will SPLIT APART without warning!

For photos and all the details please check my thread in the DODGE BROTHERS forum or click on this:http://forums.aaca.org/f143/warning-defective-inner-tubes-286287.html

post-54582-143138271965_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's not always an absolute guarantee of superior performance, but as collector-vehicle owners, shouldn't we be trying to use "Made in U.S.A" products, especially in our "Made in U.S.A" vehicles?

Seems this is especially true for safety-critical items such as tires and tubes. Perhaps it's time we collectively request USA-manufacture. Eventually, if enough of us do this, a market will be reestablished to make this domestic manufacturing again profitable.

Yes, these U.S.A. products will probably cost a bit more, but in the long run, it's cheaper than the costs associated with an accident!