1959 Starter

Misterbuickguy

Need a good 59 Buick starter. The plunger inside the solenoid is stuck, perhaps from moisture built up in winter storage.

If you have a good starter for my 59, please contact me via email with cost, including shipping.

Yea, I know I should just replace the solenoid, but the car has been sitting nearly 20 years. Getting a bit older and cannot climb under the car like I used to. I'd like to pull the one out and just put the replacement in and start her up and be done with it!

Many Thanks!!

I can be reached at arizonabuickguy@gmail.com

I think I have an extra starter from a 57 Buick. I think it is the same as your car, but not sure. I also am not sure whether or not it is any good. At least it could be used as a core for rebuilding. The last starter I had rebuilt cost me right at $100. Shipping to Arizona would be quite a bit since these motors are really heavy. I'm not sure, but I'd bet it is almost $50. I'll sell you mine if you want, but, if I were you, I'd hire a mechanic to take it out and rebuild it. Look on Craigslist under Services and you will find mechanics who are looking for work. If the mechanic can't rebuild it, you should be able to find a local source to rebuild it for you. The place I used is in Central Illinois and has since gone out of business.