56 Parts Car?

Guest gunjeep444

Guest gunjeep444

I got a lead on a 56 Buick parts car. I don't know what model it is. What parts would fit on my Roadmaster from another model of Buick?

Body parts are going to be different from the Roadmaster to any other model BUT Super parts from another 4 Dr Riviera will fit, you'd just have to fill in the sweepspear holes and drill new ones for your trim. Also a trunk from a 56 Super 2 Dr will fit. The hood too. But not much else. You would need to talk to a good established Glass shop about the windows as well. There is a difference betweent he heights of a Roadmaster and a Super, although if I recall correctly, the window from one of the Super Models will fit your car, I just cannot remember which one.

Again,, NOTHING forma Special or Century would fit with the possible exception of the rear bumper "J" bars and exhaust tips.

Engine wise, have a field day. That is the same across all models with the exception that a Special with a 2 bbl and a stick shift is rated at less HP. The dynaflow is probably the same too. Unsure about the rear axle and driveshaft though.

Guest gunjeep444

Guy called it is a Special. He does not want much for it , parts would not work for me, would it be worthwhile to buy and sell the parts? COuld feed my Buick habit some with extra dough.

I'd suggest you go and take a look at what is involved. Good clean trim that does not need to be rechromed is always a sure bet. And uncracked steering wheel will also be an easy sell. Working radio? Running 322? Stick shift parts? all probably an easy sell.

Everything else...will be a lot tougher.