1948 Olds Futuramatic

Guest buick.nut

Guest buick.nut

I am trying to resurrect a '48 Olds that I purchased out of a junkyard. I would really like to correspond with some '48 owners. I do not have a service manual so would like to ask someone to perhaps send me a wiring diagram which I need badly. also need three outside door handles. There is only one good one on the car and that is the right rear.

Lee

Thanks for trying to save one of the first Futuramics. As expected, there are few of them. The National Antique Oldsmobile Club may help; they have model year advisers who can help you with service info as well as parts sources. I expect the 1948 car shares more than a little with Buick for things like the needed door handles, and there seem to be loads of 1948 Buicks still around.

My own shop books go back only to 1950, though I'm always on the lookout for earlier ones. Then I find them and get torn- should I let someone who owns one of these cars have first crack at it, or do I grab it so the seller doesn't think it's valueless and toss it because there was no interest?