Hot start

Anyone?<BR>I have a Commando 383 bored .030 over with a high-lift camshaft that will not start when hot. That is,when right after it is shut off it seems that the vaccuum is holding the distributer in its advanced position until the system has cooled off,once that occurs then the engine will start normally. How can I prove or dis-prove that theory. And if you don't think I'm on the right track then what might the answer to my problem be????<BR> VERY PERPLEXED IN DUBOISTOWN PA.

Guest Hal Davis (MODEL A HAL)

Take the vacuum line off of the distributor. That will tell you if the vacuum is still holding the distributor in advance position, but I doubt that is your problem. <P>Could it be vapor lock?

Teddy and all;<BR>I am aware of the vacuum system and how it works, that's why I thought that it might be residual: A hose drawn shut and taking time to open, after the release of the vacuum. I will try all of the remedies you guys have suggested when we get a day that the weather will let me be out there for more than a coupla minutes. We appreciate the advice and will let you know the outcome when there is one. For now, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! from Jay and Pat--DuBoistown,Pa.