Old Packard in Montreal

Landman

Hi Dave,

Glad you enjoyed it. I see you have a '47 Clipper. It wouldn't be the Custom Super that sat at Bonazzo's in (Golf Links Road) Thunder Bay for years, wouldn't it?

I had a Packard for many years as well. I attach a photo of it when it was brand new in Arnprior in 1940. The original owner is the lady on the right. I was the fourth owner from '83 to '95.

Beat regards, Pat

post-59904-143138245759_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave,

Glad you enjoyed it. I see you have a '47 Clipper. It wouldn't be the Custom Super that sat at Bonazzo's in (Golf Links Road) Thunder Bay for years, wouldn't it?

I had a Packard for many years as well. I attach a photo of it when it was brand new in Arnprior in 1940. The original owner is the lady on the right. I was the fourth owner from '83 to '95.

Beat regards, Pat

Pat, Nice to hear from you. No my car is a 47 Super that came from Fort Francis. The Custom Super Clipper which sat at Bonazzo's was sold to Ed Stanke in the Lappe area (tha's him leaning on the old Dodge Fargo truck) where it sat for several years. Many of the parts in my car and the spares are salvaged from that car however. The Custom had a large poplar tree fall on it two years ago which sadly crushed the entire rear portion so it is only good for parts at this point although it probably was unrestorable prior to that anyway. You obviously know your way around THunder Bay>

post-44130-143138245765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clipper47 (see edit history)