Engine Starts but won't stay running

Guest pizzaman7880

Guest pizzaman7880

I need some help. My 90 WBB started acting weired today. Two days ago it was fine. The car has been in storage for several years, but every month I start it up and go around the block a few times. I took out the dash last week to have it re-upholstered and put it back in today. While I was waiting for the upholstery work to be done I decided to clean the engine Nothing too serious. I didn't use any water except for a damp rag. That's it.

So after I put the Dash back in, (5 hours with doors open) the battery is dead. So I put it on charge and wait a half hour. It starts but dies immediately. If I keep my foot on the accelerator it will keep running. Release the accelerator and RPM's go to zero.

All ideas and suggestions are welcome and will be greatly appreciated. Now that I am retired, I have time to enjoy my two toys.

Thanks in advance

Don Croner

90WBB

91YGT

Guest pizzaman7880

FYI, I got the answer to my problem on the Yahoo TCA Group. Here is what Lou and a few others sent me ... Do Not Get Exited .. The Computer needs to re-find it's settings.. It Will Do So on it's own... 1 - - Fully Charge the Battery... Drive the car for about 1/2 hour... That's it.. Good Luck, Lou

I went into panic mode for a simple solution. I thought I would post it here for share with others.

Don Croner

1990 WBB

1991YGT