paint color help!

Guest apiske148

Guest apiske148

I have a 1941 Plymouth that I just acquired it is currently green but paint needs to be redone. The factory color was a dark brown, though I want to do a metallic flake paint... My question is what does changing to a non factory color do to the value/sellability of the car? Everything else on the car is stock and original, so do I keep the original theme or go flashy? The interior will be re done as well and based on the paint decision I will do the same for the interior.

Thanks for the help/input.

Guest Timthemailman

This question comes up in other ways here. Half want the orginal the other half think custom. I say do what makes you feel good. It's your auto,time and money.

Guest bkazmer

Plymouth offered some metallic colors originally, but they are the more subtle small flake types typical of the era, not bass-boat and pearls. There were also a few optional two tones.

I had a very original 41 Special Deluxe, but a while ago - I recall the interior as pinstriped wool seats and plain wool door panels and headliner, again not unusual for the era, but attractive for a car in the basic price range. The front floor had a rubber mat in black or brown.