1959 corvette

Guest flw1954

Guest flw1954

I am trying to find out what a 1959 corvette is worth. My brother inlaw has had it since 1969, it's all there but completely apart. Frame and body are in good condition. It needs totally restored. It came with a 283 with the twin 4 barrel carb set up (which he still has). The engine was replaced with a 1962 327 corvette engine, the numbers match through chevrolet for the engine. I am looking to buy it at fair price for the both of us.

Edited by flw1954 (see edit history)

I am trying to find out what a 1959 corvette is worth. My brother inlaw has had it since 1969, it's all there but completely apart. Frame and body are in good condition. It needs totally restored. It came with a 283 with the twin 4 barrel carb set up (which he still has). The engine was replaced with a 1962 327 corvette engine, the numbers match through chevrolet for the engine. I am looking to buy it at fair price for the both of us.

You should post pictures as it makes it much easier. Dissembled projects are heavily discounted. The non-original motor in a Corvette is a further discount. However, you could use the 62 engine to get the correct 59 engine, although that ultimately depends on what you want to do with it.

Also, you probably will get much better advice specific to a vette in one of the corvette only forums. This one seems pretty active, I'm sure there are others.