1936 Buick Century 61 Sedan

I just wanted to present the saga of my 1936 Buick Century 61 Sedan; together with before and after pictures.

I bought the car in the spring of 2006 essentially from an estate sale in Middletown OH. It was Francis Cream in color with musty tan mohair interior complete with mouse nests. It was a solid complete car. The engine was rough running with some knocking noises. The trunk contained a spare tire, jack, and jack handle. Extras for the car included a heater and a Buick Ranger radio but the under dash speaker was gone .

I just wanted to get it running well so I could drive it to work on a regular basis.

But as you all know one thing leads to another and it developed into a full off-frame restoration. Doug Seybold, an expert Buick restorer, helped with a lot of the difficult work including chrome work starter and heater restoration. He provided a lot of good advice. The engine transmission suspension and mechanicals were all rebuilt. I bought a lot of items from SteeleRubber Kanters and CARS. The interior kit came from Hampton Couch. A new wiring harness came from Yesterdays Parts complete with turn signals. I decided to change the color to Cardinal Maroon a color available from Buick at the time

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

The maiden voyage for the car was an hour trip to Cincinnati from Dayton for the Ault Park Concours D’Elegance. We won a “First Place Ribbon” for the Class “Pre-War Vintage, Non-CCCA, 1925 – 1942”. That made the whole experience worthwhile.

By the way does anyone have an under dash Buick firewall speaker I plan to call Dave Tacheny to see if he has one.

Tom Wallace,,Dayton ,<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Ohio</st1:place></st1:State>

<o:p> </o:p>

post-31807-143138234573_thumb.jpg

post-31807-14313823458_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...