1935 1/2 ton pickup

gboy

Just aquired a 1935 Dodge Brothers 1/2 pickup with high clearance 20" wheels, need a spare 20" wheel and hub caps. She is complete but fenders are rough, I have doors from a 37 that look better than originals and look to fit, bed is nice condition. Best part is ram radiator cap in prestine condition came with truck. Another project!

• 4 months later...
Guest Samster

hi there!

we have the same dodge truck here, but without the fenders.. we're looking for any material that can help up with the rebuild.. have you any pictures?

cheers

Guest DodgeKCL

Just a bit of a warning. You might as well buy the best repro plastic rear fenders and get on with your restoration because you will most likely never find good usable steel rear fenders for a '35. I watched the internet for years and never found any. I had fenders but thought I would never restore them because of their condition. Wrong! I finally poured $600 into their restoration and I'm satisfied with what I got. But I would never have thought I would end up using them. The rear fenders for a '35 truck are unique. The front fenders are off any Dodge car of 1933 as far as I know. So they are out there and available. But make sure you get fenders with that 'spear' detail as Plymouth fenders are the same but do not have the Dodge spear.

• 2 years later...
Guest Samster

neither is the ford frontaxle that was thrown inthere..

I got it with a Toyota celica engine in it for christs sake.

A flat straight six would be nice off course, but this 59 V8 was allready a pin in a haystack here in Belgium.

First idea was to unchop too, to get it through technical checks here, but they've invented a new category. So chassis first now

Guest DodgeKCL

Would be interested in a short disertation on the hoops you have to jump through to licence an antique in Belgium. I was talking to a Brit the other day and he says to licence a modern vehicle similiar to a Ford Escape in England is around $750 a year. He didn't know anything about antique vehicles. Our cost in Ontario Canada is $18 per year for an antique car or truck and $90 per year for a passenger car or truck (non-commercial).

Guest Samster

I'm way to ashamed to post the costs in Belgium here.

everybody would conclude that I was crazy

England is easy with oldtimers, here they tie down your knees before they let you attempt jumping any hoops.