Gen 1, 2, and 2.5 Spindles and 69-70 Steering Improvement

CTX-SLPR

First the background material. I'm engineering my own large (i.e. 12.8+ in diameter) front disc brake system for my '64 Riviera and after reading Scarebird's and Yardley's (1BadRiv) posts on brakes I noticed that a 67-70 Riviera spindle was symetrical and had an unused set of bolt holes that were perfect for a caliper adapter bracket.

That brought about this thread: http://forums.aaca.org/f177/64-68-spindle-interchange-258362.html

In which RivNut pointed out that Steve Strope used a '70 Riviera disc brake set up on the '64 TikiRiv and to me that confirmed that there was cross compatablity between the spindles.

I've long been wondering what the "kingpin axis" improvement was on the '69-70 Riviera per the Riviera Owners Association's Evolution of the Riviera - 1969 discription.

After a bit of confusion and picking the brains of Wheatbelt Antique (great people!!!) there seems to be the Gen 1 spindles used 63-65 with the same steering arm/knuckle, a Gen 2 67-70 spindle but the steering arms/knuckles are grouped 66-68 and 69-70. So it looks like there is a Gen 2 and Gen 2.5 in the front suspension design.

I can say that my 70 felt very solid at 110mph and my '64 has been pretty stable at 80 which is as fast as I've taken it. Anyone else have comentary on the difference in handling between Gen 1, 2, and 2.5 or what went into the steering geometry change?

Does someone have the alignment specs for a '64 and a '70 Riviera to see how much the difference is?