1960 Buick Electra thinking to sell how to appraise

Guest deltapapa74

Check the Yellow Pages for appraisers in your area. The other alternative is to check price guides - there are some online like NADA guides, VMR, and there is a printed old cars magazine style...there was a name change which escapes me at the moment and my wife moved the one that was beside the computer.

You could also describe it here to the best of your ability with good photos and you may just find someone who is ready to give you a fair price.

Good luck.

OK Delta: Get a current copy of "Old Car price Guide". Fit the condition of the car to the 1-6 condition guide and I think you might get somewhat close. Keep in mind a few things. The OCPG numbers are based on an excellent job merchandising your car. What is an excellent job?........

*Having it look and RUN as good as possible with what you have.

*Displaying the vehicle where lots of people can see it.

*Internet aids such as Craig's List, and other free or cheap web sites.

*Price it to sell. Overpricing is overpricing. You'll get slim to no action and the action you get will be nothing but time wasters. Keep in mind that the market for old cars is horrible and is getting worse as we speak!!

*Be seller friendly. Stay courteous, keep on the subject (no WW2 stories) and if a prospect has the dough take it to the next level.

Appraisers can give you their opinion but then again, you are giving them lots of your money and.......what for? They give an opinion and don't produce a legit cash buyer. Good Luck, Mitch

*Be seller friendly. Stay courteous, keep on the subject (no WW2 stories) and if a prospect has the dough take it to the next level.

Truer words were never spoken.....I've got a '69 Electra for sale and could have sold it last week, but I wouldn't budge a few hundred dollars. (I had already come down a lot more than he came up)....now kicking myself for not taking the cash as i need the space and the money could go for other projects!

Guest deltapapa74
Hi Dimitri,

I lost you ph #, pls call me again if you'd like.

Eric

206-200-4001

Hello Eric,you can reach me at (787)4249833 Dimitri.