Lost/Missing title services recommendation needed

RansomEli

We moved from CA to Texas about 6 years ago. We towed our 1980 Chevy truck with us (we are the original owners). It was not running and not registered in CA. Now, I want to register the truck in Texas but cannot find the CA title. CA DMV has no records of the vehicle since it has not been registered in the past 5 years.

Can anyone recommend a title service company that can help me out? We have the old CA license plates, if that is a help.

Thanks.

We moved from CA to Texas about 6 years ago. We towed our 1980 Chevy truck with us (we are the original owners). It was not running and not registered in CA. Now, I want to register the truck in Texas but cannot find the CA title. CA DMV has no records of the vehicle since it has not been registered in the past 5 years.

Can anyone recommend a title service company that can help me out? We have the old CA license plates, if that is a help.

Thanks.

You could try Broadway Title, Birmingham, AL. Lost Car Titles, No Car Title at All?

Others on this Forum have used them. I may be off target however if I recall old threads correctly you sell the vehicle to them for a nominal fee they title it in Alabama then sell it back to you. Then you have a title to transfer properly from California to Texas.

Regards,

Peter.

Edited by Peter J.Heizmann (see edit history)

Guest Bob Call

Since you are in Texas you don't need a title service. There is a process called a "bonded title" that you can use to get a new title and then get tags. Here is a link that explaines the process.

Bonded Title Procedure