Anyone looking for a 1986 LeSabre GN?

Barney Eaton

Guest Redwind89

They have had that car for over five years now. When it first came up they had the price up around 13,000.00. They also had it out in Flint in 2008 for I want to say 10,500.00. To me I think that is crazy for one that would so much work to bring back to factory. Wheels, pulling the side body molding, trunk lid, muffler and there was some other odds and ends that would need to be done. But with it being an 86 LGN and only one of 117, if the price was right and if it was closer I would think about getting it

I don't think this car is the one that Toth had at Flint in 2008..... I checked the pictures and that one had the correct wheels and the side molding was black. I would post a picture but am having some picture problems.

Guest wildcat465

An unusual and rare car.

The wheels could be a little tough to find these days, I wonder how many have been melted down? The radio looks to be an easy fix.

Interesting that it has a bench seat. The T-Types had buckets as far as I know.

Unfortunately over my budget. Hope it can be saved by an enthusiast, rather than grabbed by someone with more dollars than sense.

This may be one of those cars you tell your friends about 10 years from now when they sell at auction for $80,000 and you could have bought it for $10,000.

Barney,

With all due respect, this is not that car. Rarity in this case will NOT equate to future collectibility and value. This car is a dog, I don't care how rare it is or what emblems they put on it.

At best it got Buick thinking of the possibilities of a performance LeSabre coupe which reached fruition in the 87-89 T Types.

I was amazed at the content of my 88 T Type. It is a fully executed sports edition of the LeSabre with no real let down. About the only thing Buick could have done is given the motor more hp.

I once owned an 86 Buick Century GN and they put the 3.8L in that smaller body and trimmed it out very nice. Those are rare and desirable.

But this 86 GN has bench seats, straight line upholstery, and modest body upgrades. There is NO WAY I - or anybody that I know of - is going to plunk down $10,000 for that. You know darn well, you can get a nice 90-91 Reatta convertible AND a nice coupe for $10,000 or less....

This discussion is almost as bad as the Mopar guys with their one of two with 6 cylinder 4speed, burgandy this, brown plaid that 'Cuda rants.

The 1986 LeSabre GN and Century GS were released at the same time. There is little literature or details on the cars.

The LeSabre was done to stir "excitement" in NASCAR country and the 112-117 (depending on which expert you ask) built only went to dealers in NASCAR country. One source indicates that Buick had to build 100 copies to get NASCAR "stock" approval. Not sure it that is true unless these cars were built early.... before the production cars hit the dealers.

The Century GS is a nice car and I have seen only 3-4 probably because they blend in with the other cars. The generally accepted number built is 1029 built