WTB 63 riv brackets for fan shroud

Guest lrg

Larry,

The bottom of the shroud doesn't have any brackets. There are two holes, one on each side of the lower part, that slip over a couple of "hooks" that are part of the frame. The upper bracket uses one bolt to hold the top in place. The bolt goes through a hole in the top inside of the shroud and fastens to the upper support for the radiator.

Are you trying to add a shroud to a non a/c car? If so, it's possible the frame "hooks" were never welded on. I've never owned a non a/c car so I wouldn't know.

I've seen the upper radiator supports on ebay often. You can also check with the vendors in the back of the Riview to see which of them might have something. There's a list of vendors on the ROA website as well. www.rivowners.org

Ed

Larry,

Those don't look familar but who's to say. I bought a '64 a few years ago and there was no shroud in it. I found a shroud, and when I went to install it, the hooks were already there. I seem to remember that they were just hooks that were welded to the frame because I had to enlongate the holes in the bottom of the shroud to fit over them. The bottome of the shroud then fit flush with the part of the frame the hooks were on. I can't access the car right now to check on them. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Ed

The non factory AC car did not have the bottom hooks on the bracket to hold a fan shroud. You must remove the radiator and replace the old brackets with AC or fan shroud brackets. Then as Ed said the fan shroud sits on the bottom onto the hooks that are part of the bracket and a bolt secures the top. Not to be a job just a little time. Gene.

So, The brackets in the picture. Are they the correct ones for a car with a fan shroud? And does anyone have the brackets for sale? including the upper one not shown. email lrg1965@aol.com Thanks lrg, Larry