Door Pull Strap Escutcheons

68RIVGS

Does anyone out there in Riviera land know if '70 Riviera pull strap covers are the same, or different than '68-'69 covers (escutcheons)?

I know that '68-'69 versions are different in appearance, . . . but want to know if they will fit the '70 Riviera pull strap ends. :confused:

Thanks for your help !

Randy,

Many times GM or even Buick would change the look of a part, especially trim, but really didn't change how it mounted the part. Being that the 68-70 doors are basically the same design, the attaching points could be in the same location and other model year trim could fit nicely or may fit with some minor modifications. I'm sure that there is someone on line that owns a 68 and 70 that should know if the pull strap is in the same location! Kevin K? ;)

Tim

That's what I'm thinking too Tim, but my knowledge of '70s is limited. Sometimes certain parts look similar, but will not interchange to other years.

Thanks for the reply - hopefully someone 'in-the-know' will chime in. :confused:

Randy/Tim,

I need to go out and look at the cars this weekend and I can let you know. It is amazing how you can look at something for years and never really see it.

I hear yah Kevin - looking forward to your reply.

I suspect the '70s are different than the '68-'69 varieties?

• 2 weeks later...