I just couldn't resist!

Guest Skyking

I was in the Virginia National Guard 1957-65. Sometime during that time period one of the guys bought a new red Met coupe with a white top. Drove it down to the armory and parked it right at the front door. We had some large blocks we used in the motor pool to block trucks off the ground. We got two of them, lifted the rear end of the met and put the blocks under it leaving it about 3 inches of the pavement. He came out to go home, jumped in the Met and fired it up and went through all 3 gears and reverse about 4 times. He'd shove it in a gear, let the clutch out, spin the wheels, put it in another gear and spin some more. Finally he jumped out and hollered for somebody to get the blocks out from under it. If somebody blocked my car up in the air I think I would notice the higher step getting into it but he didn't. Of course, he wasn't the ripest apple on the tree to start with and the car was new to him but yet...........

We just lost a good friend this past Thanksgiving that had that pulled on him more than once and he always fell for it. But the pranksters used jack stands painted flat black and only jacked the Model T truck up just enough for the tires to clear the pavement. :D

We just lost a good friend this past Thanksgiving that had that pulled on him more than once and he always fell for it. But the pranksters used jack stands painted flat black and only jacked the Model T truck up just enough for the tires to clear the pavement. :D

That sort of thing happened to Beetle drivers all the time. A friend of mine walked out the front door of his house only to find his beetle turned upside down on his front lawn.That happende in mid 70's and the beetle was a pristine 56 black oval! In high school a friends beetles front end bumper was lifted over a cars bumper parked in front of it and when the guy parked in front got in and took off the beetle went with it. I even heard of a guy getting into his beetle and trying to start it, when nothing happened he walked around to the back only to find the engine missing and across the street on the sidewalk.

Don

That sort of thing happened to Beetle drivers all the time. A friend of mine walked out the front door of his house only to find his beetle turned upside down on his front lawn.That happende in mid 70's and the beetle was a pristine 56 black oval! In high school a friends beetles front end bumper was lifted over a cars bumper parked in front of it and when the guy parked in front got in and took off the beetle went with it. I even heard of a guy getting into his beetle and trying to start it, when nothing happened he walked around to the back only to find the engine missing and across the street on the sidewalk.

Don

Lots of them end up somewhere strange on college/university campuses.

As a Crosley owner and a former Met owner I have had a few tricks on me over the years to. The Summer after high school graduation I had a couple of former football players pickup the back of my 61 Met when I was about to pull out of a wash bay at the corner garage. I put it in reverse and asked them if they wanted me to let out the clutch. They quickly put it back on the ground.