Wiper Arms - stupid question.

KDirk

Ok,

Despite my attention to detail, I screwed up. When my windshield was replaced Thursday, they removed the wiper arms and left them off for me to repaint. I went to re-install today and realized the two arms are different.

One is straight across, the other has a slight bend "upward" looking at it head-on. I need to know which is driver's side, and which is passenger since I was not paying close attention when the glass installer removed them. Section 8E of the FSM does not show anything in sufficient detail to make a determination.

Can someone look at their car at their convenience an post back so I know which goes where? Thanks in advance.

KDirk

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who do not have an answer and reply anyway.

alright ...

I went out barefoot in the new snow and the bent arm is on the passenger side bending upward.

What snow this is spring.................

Johnemac-

Thank you, now I can get them put back on before the rain starts here, due this evening or Sunday AM.

I guess it wasn't so much a stupid question as it was stupidity on my part not taking note of how they were initially installed. I know better than that, always taking things apart has taught me to pay attention (or document) to how they need to be reassembled. This one got me because I didn't do the dis-assembly, and hadn't given it any thought before hand.

KDirk

Guest ReattaRobert

Well, I tried to go you one better and call, but you must have been hard at work on the beast!

I looked at my 91 and it is the passenger side wiper arm that has the slight upward bend.

I suspect had you tried to install them you would have found that the index tabs would have revealed which was which!

Good Luck - I'll talk to you soon!;)

Edited by ReattaRobert (see edit history)

Guest jcc3inc

Good morning,

If I might add a comment here...

I redid the positioning of my wiper blades to 1) minimize the chatter of the driver's side blade when at leftmost position, and 2) to get them to park on the ramps as they were supposed to. It requires removal of the panel just beneath the wipers and readjusting a push/pull rod, and resetting the paseenger blade position. It was worth while.

I don't like bad operating devices and the chatter got to me. Turns out, the blade was tipped slightly and when at the far left position iy sort of "pushed" the water off. After reversing the tip and resetting the rod, everything is now as it should be.

I believe the parking ramp was intended to lift the blade so that it doesn't take a set (and chatter when it's not supposed to).

Regards,

Jack C.