Parts needed, 1990 Riviera

Guest Reed

My 90 Riv was in a minor front end accident. I am looking for the two energy absorbers that go behind the front bumper. Anybody have a pair or know where I can get them? Anybody know if these parts interchange with any other cars? I am striking out in all the nearby junkyards.

Thanks.

I own two '92's but of all the extra stuff I have in inventory I don't have the bumper absorbers (shocks). You might try car-part.com. Its a website of North American junkyards...just type in your car's particulars and seach for the part you're looking for. New Castle Auto Wrecking (PA) has 5 listed for a '90 Riv. I found a bunch of good used stuff for an '85 Riv I onced owned.

Thanks. I am trying to get this back up and running quickly since it is my daily driver, but I will give car-part a shot.

Guest Ranger

What ever Ship doesn't have, Jim Finn may have. He's knows his Riv's but specializes in Reattas which share many parts with our cars, and like Ship, he's very good in pricing.

Jim Finn can be reached at jfinn@cpinternet.com , I've bought form both Ship and Finn in the last few months, not any problems.

Good Luck

Thanks for the replies, but it turns out I don't actually need the energy absorbers. I got into the front end today and what I though was a pushed in bumper was actually just the trim on both sides popped out. I pushed the trim back in and all is well. Too bad I can't say the same about my hood and grille. :(

According to the 1986-1993 Parts List, grille part #20728235 is for your 1990 Riv. This is for both the 1989 TYPE 2 only (6 screw holes) and ALL 1990 Riv grilles. The 1989 TYPE 1 grille has 7 screw holes. 1986-88 and 1991-93 grilles were of a different design. The Parts List also states that Riv hoods from 86-93 will fit your 90 (part #1642458).

Dave great info i just need to pass along some info that i have experanced working at the buick dealer. The hoods from 86-93 will fit all years but the 86-88 has differant lines and the drills are not as rounded. To a non Riviera owner would not spot this but alot of us would.

Reed i have a few of these Riviera's in our yards i would be happy to check for you. I live in Buick land of Flint MI

Nathaniel...many thanks for that hood info and we Riv owners want them perfect (I know you and I do)! Thanks

Reed... Car-part.com has ten 1990 specific grilles listed from about $50-$75 (+ shipping). GMpartsdirect.com has 89-90 NOS grille listed at $93.53 (+ shipping). BUT, before you go these routes, take Nathaniel's offer up first.