SCAMMER ALERT

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

I have previously posted on the "want to buy" area of this forum, a desire to buy a Select 60 hood ornament. As previously stated I actually bought one on ebay and the seller got greedy and refused to sell after I paid for it. I'm over that as the hood ornament he is selling is damaged anyway.

Less than 24 hours after I posted the want to buy post, a guy in London England contacts me and says he has a pristine Select 60 hood ornament for sale at $160. He was unable to provide a picture of the item (claimed technical difficulty) and absolutely would not do a COD.

Now I may have been born at night but it wasn't last night. Beware. There are people everywhere that are trolling even the Reatta Forum for suckers.

I think i picked up the "born at night" quote from an old friend of mine named Mike that lived in Las Vegas. One of his other jewels of wisdom was "you can't buy love but you sure can rent it". Cancer got him in his 40s. RIP

I saw that item on ebay and it looked like the damage was severe. I would be curious to see if he sold it or trashed it. I don't know if it could have been repaired or not. Those s60 for 88 are rare and it was the first one I have seen for sale in the last few years. I would like to have one but not damaged, to me that one was worthless.

On a similar note, I once posted my phone number is an eBay listing.

Big, BIG mistake. Everyone (and their dead relatives) starting calling me to purchase a similar item I was selling. Thankfully, caller ID and a letter to the FTC (copying those whose e-mail or address I had) stopped the calls within a few short weeks.