Kingston tanks

Guest 1930

I am also researching Kingston Vacuum tanks, I am looking for any information at all concerning these units. I am under the impression that Stewert held the patent until the late 20s and even sued Kingston ( among others ) at one point late in the 20 for copywright infingement but I do not know the defanite date of that siut??

Does anyone know how I might be able to obtain a hardcopy of the patent dates for the Stewert tanks and the same for Kingston.

I guess the Kingston tank was little sucess or rather short lived because of the advent of the mechanical fuel pump just such a short time after the Stewert patent expired but it is interesting to note that Kingston delved into many other facets of production with childrens toys amongst other things.

Any info or links to info or worse case scenario heresay would be appreciated. I have contacted a number of govermental centers in Kokomo Ind, ( birthplace of the tanks ) with little response. Also tried contacting granddaughter of Kingston family with no response and am running out of avenues.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Yes I contacted one of the board of directors, maybe a miscommunication and will call instead of e-mail. Did you learn anything from the tour?

I think you are reffering to the Seiberling Mansion??

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest M R Simpers

1930, have you called Wally Deck? He rebuilds and sells parts for the Stewart tank, and his ad can be found in Hemmings. I talked to him several months ago when he provided me info and sold me some fittings. At the time he alluded to having lots of technical literature on the Stewart tanks. Maybe he can provide information on the Kingston tanks, etc.

He is from Ridge Farm, IL, but he winters in Lake Wales, FL. Per HMN he is:

Wallace Deck

PO Box 380

Ridge Farm, IL 61870

(217) 247-2162

e-mail:

I have his cell phone number (an Illinois number). I don't want to post it without his permission, but if you e-mail me at msimpers@cfl.rr.com, I'll give it to you.

M. R. Simpers

Cocoa, FL

Yes, Wally is a friend of mine that I have met at local shows on a few occasions, called him and we plan to get together. He is going to photocopy a book that he says he has had for 40 plus that details Stewert but knows little about Kingston. Thanks for the idea

• 1 year later...