"TERRIBLE SITE" (NOT THIS SITE)

Guest re-reatta

Guest re-reatta

I posted a question on "Justanswer.com" last night concerning a problem with my wife's 2008 Grand Caravan. Very quickly, I got a response from a Dodge "expert", asking how much I would be willing to pay if he was able to help me. This is apparently how they work on this site, as there was an area for me to check any one of three amounts that I would pay. It was almost like a form, for lack of a better word. I, just as quickly, contacted the site and politely let them know what I thought of their site, that I would never use their site again and that I would let others know of their "Pay for answers" policy. If anyone else has had an experience with this site, I would be interested to know if you were asked to pay for answers.

Thanks,

Kevin

The site doesn't hide that it's a 'pay for play' site. It may not be evident from the home page (home page is designed for people to take a 'bite') but if you search out the website, it's clear that is how they get their revenue.

I suppose if they clearly stated on the home page you have to pay for an answer, the site wouldn't do so well. They got you to nibble which is initially what they wanted. Ethics...not an equation.

Guest rsteere

When I was driving a jeep I used to use ALLPAR.com. There is a lot of free information at the site. It helped to cure many of my problems.

Randy