63 Riv Moulding Clips

Guest bigoldv8

Guest bigoldv8

Hi Folks- Been working on a 63 Riv for a number of years. We finally got a good body shop to finish it out and we're nearing the reassembly stage. I'm in need of replacement moulding clips for the windshield and back glass mouldings. Does anyone know the proper part for these? Unfortunately another body shop took them off and the clips were deteriorated & are long gone. There seem to be lots of options in the catalogs, not specific to 63. The trim is with me and the car is 250 miles away.

Any info on the side moulding clips/etc for exterior trim would also be greatly appreciated!!

Michael

Louisville, Ky.

Guest bigoldv8

I dug through the archives of posts after locating the search button and found a link to the rear window clips on restorationspecialties website, so that's very helpful as a start!

I'm still at a loss on the front ones - no idea what they even look like.

Guest bigoldv8

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply - I had checked there and several other places after searching the archives, but it doesn't really help me unfortunately. I don't have anything to go on and I don't see any of them listed as the right year/body/etc. Same thing for CARS, Restoration Specialties, etc. I did some searches and did not find anything identified so I'm hoping someone on the forum has had this experience and found some that work. I'd hate to have to buy a bunch of random stuff and try them till I find the right one. :(

-Michael

• 1 month later...
Guest jetsGS12

Just located speed clips for the "B-U-I-C-K" on the trunk deck after a long search: Restoration Specialties & Supply #88247; (814)467-9842; $0.35ea (Takes 12)

I'll look back in my records and try to find info on other trim clips I found for my '63.

Edited by jetsGS12 (see edit history)