1922 BUICK 6-44 ROADSTER PARTS NEEDED

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Looking for passenger side rear fender for 1922 Buick Model 6-44 Roadster. I have the original but it looks like it was taken off the car and then run over by a tractor (pretty mangled); if I can't find a NOS fender, I would consider a used original or advice on where to have a reproduction made (have a NOS driver's side rear fender which could be used as "mirror image" to make a repro). I have the bolt hole dimensions and measurements to help you identify the correct fender. The fender has a raised bead along the outside edge which follows the curved bottom of the rear of the fender and goes up on the inside part of the fender (stops 1-1/2 inches below the reinforcing plate for the bolts on the inside rear). The fender measures 74 inches from front to rear along the top center at its crown and has a 1-1/4 inch skirt below the outside edge of the fender. The fender measures 11-3/4 inches wide at the front where it would attach to the running board. It has six oval-shaped bolt holes along the inside of the fender where it would slip under the wheel opening and bolt to the body. Exact bolt hole measurements are available if you need them or I am willing to email a photo to anyone who thinks they may have this fender and needs to confirm it.

This car was a "barn find" I bought in 1982 and I have stored it for almost 30 years and I am now finally retired and ready to tackle its restoration. I am a Life Member of AACA and would like to get this Buick back on the road. Thanks for any help you can give me.

:)

You really need to put up good pics of the NOS fender.

Most barn find fenders are unknown brands, and sellers find it difficult to sell them at a swap or online without knowing what they are.

Another problem is some pickers won't deal in bulky items that are difficult to ship...so the amount of fenders for sale online is limited,

...so to get responce from the few that deal in old sheetmetal, you really need to post good clear pics when looking for these parts.

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Thanks for the advice; I'll try to post some good photos - I was fortunate to find NOS fenders at Hershey several years ago and as you mentioned, the sheet metal seller didn't know what they fit but I had the measurements and bolt hole dimensions with me so I was able to identify it.

:D

Edited by Texas Old Car Guy (see edit history)

Guest Texas Old Car Guy

Here are some photos I just took of the driver's side NOS rear fender; I need the passenger side of this fender. The distance between each of the six bolt holes is 5-3/4 inches.

The photos include a top view, a rear view, a front view, an inside front view and an inside rear view. You should easily see the side skirt running along the entire outside edge along with the raised bead which runs the entire length of the crown and curves up on the rear of the fender to form a "U" shape and the front of the fender has two beads (one 7" long inside and one outside that runs the entire crown). Both of the front beads end about 2" above the running board mounting bracket.

post-66120-1431381646_thumb.jpg

post-66120-143138164606_thumb.jpg

post-66120-143138164904_thumb.jpg

post-66120-143138164909_thumb.jpg

post-66120-143138164914_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Don't get excited yet but i have a fender that when i got some years ago i was told that it was a 22 Buick . don't rember if it left or right I will see if ican get out there tomorrow and get a picture . buy the way it is eather new or vary nice used.. now to find it after 10 years.

John Hanson

Guest Texas Old Car Guy
Don't get excited yet but i have a fender that when i got some years ago i was told that it was a 22 Buick . don't rember if it left or right I will see if ican get out there tomorrow and get a picture . buy the way it is eather new or vary nice used.. now to find it after 10 years.

John Hanson

Hi John:

I await your next response with bated breath! I have a drawing I made with all of the measurements between the bolt holes, width, length, etc. if it helps.

Fred

Guest Texas Old Car Guy
I have a pair of minty doors to suit your car . If you are interested please email prs518@live.com and I can

send pics. Enough upholstery/gliveboxs remain to make patterns.

Perry

Thanks for thinking of me Perry, but my doors are in good shape; they still had the original upholstery and glove compartments.

Fred

• 3 months later...
Guest Texas Old Car Guy

BTT - Still looking for the passenger side rear fender!

Thanks,

Fred<!-- google_ad_section_end -->