Help with Identifying

Guest Chris_B

Guest Chris_B

Hey folks I'm new to this forum, I work in the timber industry and i was recently walking over a tract of our timber and came upon a old buick and i need some help identifying it, the VIN number is located behind the right front wheel # 1492833 I dont have any idea what year model this car is most of the sheet metal has rusted out but there are a few parts on the car that i could sell cheap, steering box and components,leaf springs and even the frame is in good shape. any help is greatly appreciated also i have some pics but they're not great.

Chassis serial numbers 1926 Master's start at 1412093

Chassis serial numbers 1927 115's start at 163880

So may be a 1926.

Photo's would help identify

To add images on the bottom of the screen

1) Click on 'Go Advanced'

2) On the to row of your reply box you will see a paper clip. Click on it or on “attach files manage attachments" down the screen-.

3) The 'Manage Attachments' window will appear.

4) Click on the 'Browse' button for that window.

5) A browse dialog will appear. Browse to the location of the file on your computer.

6) Click on the file

7) From the 'Manage Attachments' window click on 'Upload'.

8) Close the 'Manage Attachments' window.

9) Submit your reply when the message text is complete

Be sure to check on the upload screen they are attached by scrolling down

Have also read there is a limit of 2000 pixels when posted as an attachment You can also add images to a gallery. Check your User CP (Control Panel)

For graphics software to resize images (and much more) try IrfanView - Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide. Free to download with many features. Easy to use.

From this thread where your question was asked again to get better results

Dear Chris:

The frame number you give of 1,492,833 was issued by Buick to a 1926 Model 26. Buick built 10,531 model 26's plus 1 for export that year.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest Chris_B

Thanks for the help guys i wish there was enough of the car left to rebuild, but its not much left maybe I can help someone with the few parts its got left. I'm a bodyman by trade and hate to see things go to waste thats hard to find as im sure these are.