1955 Olds wiper arm removal

AD8

Thanks Dave. I've seen various tools online that claim to be made for this application. That is kind of what I'm trying to figure out. Is this a removal job (like many others) that require a specialized tool for correct and safe removal or is there an alternative method?

I'll gladly purchase a tool, I just want to be sure that 1 week later I don't see a post that says, "...Gee, all you needed to do was take a paper clip and bend it into the shape of the Eiffel Tower, then take a brake spoon and an ace of spades....." You know what I mean? Chicago winters last 'til June; I have plenty of time to do it right.

Thanks again,

Jim

Well, I can tell you this: You may simply pry the arm off with a screwdriver. I have done so on occasion. However, the results are you are most certainly going to leave evidence of having done so; i.e., damage.

I would invest in the proper tool to avoid having to do paint touchup. Have you checked at the local auto stores. I would think K-D tools or other suppliers make a univervsal wiper arm removal tool that may be acquired at a reasonable cost?