1942 Buick $5K

Blackout

Hello:

In Downieville, CA, about 2 hours NE of Sacramento, sits a 1942 Buick. It's owner, Billy Epps, bought it for his daughter about a year ago after acquiring it in trade from a guy who found the car in a barn in Fresno, where it had been sitting since 1957. Unfortunately, Billy's daughter did not like the look of the car. According to Billy, he has new brakes and a master cyclinder for the car. Other than that, I am not sure on the condition; I would like to find this car a good home. Billy is asking $4K. For more info, please contact him at gasman@hnet.us or you can contact me and I will relay a message. I've attached pictures and would appreciate any info you might be able to provide as to the model of the car and any other interesting info like the paint and trim, etc.

Thanks,

Jared

post-63759-143138151738_thumb.jpg

post-63759-14313815174_thumb.jpg

post-63759-143138151742_thumb.jpg

post-63759-143138151744_thumb.jpg

post-63759-143138151745_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackout
Lower price (see edit history)

So, the paint looks like it's original based on the chip I have for the paint code, Salt Lake Green. Thriller is right about it being a Buick Extra Special, or 41SE. Based on the 1949 Manual for the Identification of Vehicles, the motor is correct. Only 2288 built, rarer in production than my 76S.

Edited by Blackout (see edit history)

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Jared:

Frame and engine numbers match and both go to a Special built in Flint around the third week of October 1941. Thriller correctly noted it is a rare car, but yours is much closer to the end of production before the war.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Reginald

Frame and engine numbers match and both go to a Special built in Flint around the third week of October 1941. Thriller correctly noted it is a rare car, but yours is much closer to the end of production before the war.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest Julian

Nice to see another 42 of something...I have two 42 Oldsmobiles both 2 door sedans. and have been trying to sell one of mine. It is a running driving 42...unfortuantely it seems no one is interested in an original car these days..kinda sad..