Need a Marvel Carb bowl lid for 1930 Model 68.

michaelod

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I am currently rebuilding my Marvel Carb from my 1930 Model 68, and am in need of a bowl lid for the carb. It seems some previous ham-handed individual made a mess of the lid while attempting to remove it and broke it at several of the mounting points. I would be willing to buy an entire carburetor if a lid cannot be found. Does anyone know if the lid is used on other models of the Marvel carb as well?

Thanks,

post-63406-143138150383_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138150388_thumb.jpg

Michael, actually the cap is still serviceable. I am amazed that I do not see any warpage or cracking. It still is a good cap, however, if you decide to use it I would make a large felt washer for the accelerator rod that goes into the bowl and a fibre washer for the lid itself. This is just to make sure that you keep out dirt and debris. I do not know if the metal tin lid used on other Marvel carbs fits this model. With this said, I have seen lots of tops made out of tin/steel and painted black. Unless you have a show car I would continue to use your top and see if you can find one on Ebay or this forum.

Stuart, I did not think to look at Bob's. I think that is the correct one, and for a bit over $25 I think it is a great value.

1929-32 Marvel carb. Bowl COVER.

Die cast with 4 mounting holes.

BC-293............................... $21.50

Bowl cover GASKET only,

CG-293............................... $ 4.25

Bowl cover fillister screws.

Stainless. pkg. of 4

FS-235................................ $ 1.50

Michael, an easy fix now. Make sure you check for debris in the bowl of the carb, any debris may plug the two metering tubes in the car, which will result in a very poor running condition. You may also consider replacing the old cork float with a new one from Bob's or at least reseal yours with model airplane dope or Superglue, both which are resistant to today's fuel. Post a picture when you get all done too. Would love to see your car.