1939 Buick Special sedan

Dynaflash8

I am the second owner of this 1939 Buick Special sedan. I've practically finished a complete restoration and what has been done has has been done absolutely right. I have it advertised in ANTIQUE AUTOMOBILE and HEMMINGS and as yet no letters, no emails, no phone calls. I can't figure it out. It's being offered for $5,000 less than has been invested and I'm even flexible, yet nothing. It makes me wonder if the old car market for a good, restored to original car has gone away, gone over to street rods and modifieds. Tell you what, I need the space or I have to rent a garage, so if you're interested, write to me at FireballStr8@aol.com or get my phone number there and call me. Earl Beauchamp BCA #55<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-30955-143138143322_thumb.jpg

It just breaks my heart Earl. but these 39's are not that popular anymore. Too bad. One of the prettiest cars ever made and one of the best. 39 Buick's a Beauty ! Some 39 nut will come along and be in dream land when he sees yours. Darn 60's cars are taking the market and have for a few years now. Good Luck Earl. Your reputation precedes itself. The "right guy will come along when you least expect it.

Greg Thomas

BCA # 11974

Hope you're right Gregg. Hey, you're the King of the '39 Buick guys, if I'm not. This car is the second one I've saved from the street rodders (other was a 1940 Pontiac), only to lose my shirt. I consider it something like doing my good deed for humanity and for all the other guys who love pre-War cars done back to stock original. But, I really can't afford to do this again. This time the man's widow begged me to save the car, and it was a lot more expensive doing that then I thought it would be. Jumped the ship recently, Gregg. I bought a '41 Buick 71-C to join my three '39 Buicks and poor old "Miss Jean" (this car's name) got left on the outside looking in. If I don't sell it soon, I guess I'll go all the rest of the way and use it for a Glidden Tour/Sentimental Tour car.

Guest superbilly

hello , i finished a1939 special 3 yrs ago , and have over 24,000 with off frame rest. base -coat clear-coat. and same for the rest of car with over 1100 hrs of my time plus 16 day's and 3,ooo for upholster'

i'm asking 26,000 and and not a dime less and will probably never sell but[ that the way it is]

paul in ohio

hello , i finished a1939 special 3 yrs ago , and have over 24,000 with off frame rest. base -coat clear-coat. and same for the rest of car with over 1100 hrs of my time plus 16 day's and 3,ooo for upholster'

i'm asking 26,000 and and not a dime less and will probably never sell but[ that the way it is]

paul in ohio

Good luck to you Paul, but I think it'll be tough if it is a sedan. If I finish this car, I will be up in your price range too. Problem is, I'm into a complete restoration on a '39 Special convertible coupe too. The price I have on this car is really a good low price to make room. But got some good news today. I have found a person who owns a house down here and is only here a maximum of 60 days a year and has agreed to rent me her garage, so that takes the heat off of me on this car.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)