1966 Starfire what parts interchange

Guest Tom McKenna

Front sheetmetal and bumper from any 1966 big Olds. You will have to cut out the fender side trim vents on all but Starfire fenders. Grilles are different between series.

Doors from 1965-66 2-door big Olds.

Decklid and rear bumper from any 1966 Starfire or 88.

Windshield from any 1965-68 GM B-body two or four door hardtop.

Rear glass and quarter windows from 1965-66 Starfire and 1965-67 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Full quarter panels- only direct interchange is 66 Starfire. 65 will work but you have to fill the exhaust outlet opening. You can use an 88 2D HT panel by cutting it along the top edge but that often creates more filler and finish work than a lower patch panel does.

1966 shares a lot mechanically with 1965-70.

To keep dual exhaust you will need the correct 1965-70 LH dual exhaust manifold. An engine with single exhaust manifolds or a dual setup from a 71-later engine does not work with duals in the 65-70 chassis due to interference with the steering box. You want S and T casting manifolds. T (rh) are common to all 65-70 425-455 engines, S (lh) are reproduced.

Happy hunting!:cool:

Guest Tom McKenna

You are the bomb thanks for all your help! Front is all in easy fix shape minor nickel size hole. reaer are rusted out below but not to far up on fender and none in trunk. I need your contact info to pick your brain if I need dire help hehe. all other glass and chrome near perfect My email is tmckenna@adams.net any links info appreciated