Need 24 DB Touring interior help!

DoubleG

Hey fellow DBers,

My upholsterer thinks that my 24 touring had side kick panels at the feet of the driver and passenger. He says there are clips present that suggest this . My car didn't have the panels when I got it? But, while dismantling the car, I found some ancient remnants of welting tucked into the body's framework around the area he's talking about. Also he believes there should be welting around the back of the seats and side panels where they meet up to the body. Again mine did not have it. The car was freshened up with new upholstery in the late forties so this stuff could have been left off then. Can any one help solve this mystery and tell me what's correct? Thanks for the help.

GG.

Yor car did not have kick panels. The clips to which you refer held a draft excluding strip made from 1/2" cotton cord bound over with leather or vynide. This is the welting you found. It should extend from the top of the toeboards down to the pillar.

Sorry I cannot help with the rest as my car had Australian content aft of the cowl. Hope this helps.

Tony