Chrome

Does anyone out there in the LA/OC california area know of any good places that do chrome? I have found some pretty reasonable prices, but I was just curious if there is someone out there that is "better"...

Thanks. Yea, I too have heard that the Bumper Boyz have crap. It lasts for about 3 years, then falls apart. I did find this place in garden Gorve that does chrome for $200 a bumper.

If you are looking for quality maybe I can help. I own a plating shop in Abbotsford BC Canada (two miles from the US border) I have done 3, 55 buicks this year. Most of our work comes from the Washington, Portland area. We triple plate our bumpers (copper. nickel, chrome). They are a commercial grade and will last years. Ordinary bumper shop chrome looks like hazy, whereas our chrome looks like a mirror. Our prices are lower than US prices with a much greater quality because of the exchange rate. We have a US address and shipping across the border is not an issue. We specialize in cars <P>Email me at plating@uniserve.com if you are interested

Erik, I get all mine done by RoyalPlating in Tucson. The chrome on my 62 Dodge was done in 1989 and still looks great. I deal with Ray Leon Sr, and I'll look up his number if you want. If you could do without your stuff from one Pomona to the next, I'm sure free delivery should be available wit hme or one of my friends.<BR>Bill

I picked up a set of front and rear bumpers<BR>for my 57 from Peter de Jong and they look great. They were plated last year so I dont <BR>know how long they will last but the workmanship is very good, no visible flaws<BR>on portions that show.

Thank you all for your replies. Busterwive, that sounds good. email me and let me know how much $$$ you spent. I should just buy yours,but I dont have all the $$ right now. I just spent $200 on a wiring kit and $180.00 on skirts. blah blah blah but please, let me know. I really appreciate it

Peter,<P>I'd like to get estimates for a set of Buick 350 valve covers and for the front and rear bumpers on a '70 GS. The rear is perfectly straight, just needs new plating. The front has a small dent near the front point of the bumper. <P>If you have any experience with the shipping rate from Texas and the best company to use, let me know who to use. <P>Thanks, <P>Joe<P>------------------<BR>1965 Wildcat Custom Convertible<BR>1970 GS coupe<BR>1990 Reatta coupe<BR>1999 Regal GSE<BR>2002 Reatta II coupe (I wish!)

(i am registered, i just am using a diff comp. and i forgot my password!!!) dug, where in NJ is this shop and how much do they charge for a set of bumpers??? I am staten island, and my 69' skylark convertible needs its bumpers redone.<P>thanks<BR>james

Peter,<BR> What are your prices? With the exchange rate it just might be worth shipping from here in Florida. Also , what do you charge for typical small parts- air cleaners, door handles, etc. ?<BR>Rod

Has anyone had any good bumper plating done by someone on the east coast? I have been looking but most advertised platers are located on the west coast. Any suggestions would be helpful.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Al

Ismft100 & RxABS The shop is not mine , sorry the post does sound that way. If you've ever been to Atco Raceway you we're with-in a couple of miles. We really like his work. C.M. Company, 2308 Auburn Ave, Atco, New Jersey 08004 (609)767-7726 We usually take the stuff to him, he will look the stuff over and give you a price, then go to the races. Hope this helps, Doug.

DugsSin,<BR>I've been there and gotten prices. The work may be good, but the prices are unreal. He does not do the work. He's only a middle man, but thanks anyway.<BR>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reatta Man:<BR><B>Peter,<P>I'd like to get estimates for a set of Buick 350 valve covers and for the front and rear bumpers on a '70 GS. The rear is perfectly straight, just needs new plating. The front has a small dent near the front point of the bumper. <P>Hi Joe:<P>My brother/co-owner has a 70 GS455 so I know the car well. The front and rear bumpers are $340 each (big bumpers)which includes 1 hour of straightning. Hopefully that will look after the the dent on the front bumper. The valve covers are $110-$115 for the pair. The freight should be $50 each way but you should check on it. The Zip code is 98295. The bumper job is show quality and you will be able to use the bumper as a mirror to comb your hair.<P>The last 70 rag we did reffered 4 gearheads to us, so he must have liked them.<P>Let me know what you think<P>Peter<P>If you have any experience with the shipping rate from Texas and the best company to use, let me know who to use. <P>Thanks, <P>Joe<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rod Warrior:<BR><B>Peter,<BR> What are your prices? With the exchange rate it just might be worth shipping from here in Florida. Also , what do you charge for typical small parts- air cleaners, door handles, etc. ?<BR>Rod</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hi Rod:<P>Door handles are $35 to $50 it depends on the shape they are in and size. Thats a triple plate of course. What car do you have and let you know the price on the air cleaner. Our zip code is 98295 if you want to check on shipping rates.<P>Peter<P><p>[This message has been edited by Peter de Jong (edited 02-15-2001).]

Guest oldtimer

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kustom55:<BR><B>Thanks. Yea, I too have heard that the Bumper Boyz have crap. It lasts for about 3 years, then falls apart. I did find this place in garden Gorve that does chrome for $200 a bumper.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>whats the name of the place in garden grove ?

Seems to me It's cheaper to get chrome done properly the first time than to pay for it twice. How are you supposed to get warranty after 3 years? It costs for quality or did you expect to get something for nothing. I guess if you are planning to sell the car within 3 years It would'nt matter.<P>Just a thought<P>Peter

I recently sold a 72 GS front bumper to a guy in Canada (lived withing 20mins north of US boarder), and thought I'd share the following:<BR> UPS ground service was the least expensive method of shipping WITHIN the United States. If you would like UPS to ship across the boarder, expect to pay more...WAY MORE!! <BR> To send the GS bumper from Los Angeles over the boarder to Canada via UPS was about $278.00! HOWEVER, to send the same bumper to Sumas Washington (mile or two from the boarder) was $38.00, and the buyer brought the bumper across the boarder himself.---------------------------------------------------<BR> I am guessing, but am pretty sure that is why Peter mentioned that he had a US Zip for delivery. ----------------- One last note, the $38 price was achived by sizing down the shipping box to stay within the "oversized 1" limits set by UPS (distance around+ length =to or < 150 inches[you can double check at UPS.com]). The longer dimentions and greater area of a standard rectangular shaped box fall into the "oversized 2 70lb" bracket and increased the price to somewhere around $70.<BR>--------- Hope that helped ----------<BR>

Yes I do have a US shipping address. My Shop is 2 miles north of Sumas Washington. I also have a tax free exemption for US customers.<p>[This message has been edited by Peter de Jong (edited 02-21-2001).]