Anyone recommend an oil analysis lab?

Guest Richard D

Guest Richard D

I have decided that I don't have enough things to worry about so I thought I would have an oil analysis done to see if there is any copper or other bad stuff in the oil. Can someone recommend a lab or should I just do a search.

Thank's

Richard.

Edited by Richard D (see edit history)

Guest Richard D
Just got my report via email and a Fax copy. All looks good according to them. Will save for a baseline for the future. Their was a very SMALL amount of water 0.1 that they said was nothing to worry about. Their was NO antifreeze present.

Hi Chas1, RE; the water, May I ask how many miles you put on the car a month and whereabouts are you located? That is one of my fears, I don't drive it enough to keep the oil dry. I will send a sample in for the Skylark as well.

Thank You,

Richard

Richard

I talked to them. Nothing to worry about. I am in East part of Pa. Do not drive car a lot. Car is slightly over 300K. I have always changed oil and filter EVERY 3 months. Castrol GTX with AC Filters. First report just for fun. Now I have a baseline for future reports. Just wondering if I made a mistake changing Thermostat to 180. Will see what next few reports say and talk to Blackstone Labs before making any changes. This was just a experiment to see how this oil analysis works.

You can do your ATF fluid as well!

Charlie