1934-35 Buick 4 Door Sedan

Guest T-Raz

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the Buick world. Mostly been a BMW man, but am branching out. Advice in my search is very welcome. I've researched far and wide and decided that the 34-35 Buick Sedans are the best looking cars for my budget and asthetic aspirations. Of these, I really like a car that has a very original exterior look. More specifically, I am looking for a sedan with dual side mount spares and covers, and a rear trunk. I will consider just about any model, level of restoration or a rest-o-mod. I don't care so much about mechanicals or drivetrain condition, but restored original running car is a plus. The less work I have to do, the better - especially body, paint and trim pieces. Please email if you know of a good lead. There was a car on the board last week by Buick34 that would have been perfect, but haven't been successful contacting.

T-Raz

traz.rasmussen@us.army.mil

66 Thunderbird

51 Ford F-1

73 BMW 3.0 Cs

Hemmings Motor News: Auto Classifieds - Hemmings Auto Classifieds feature cars for sale nation wide.

AutaBuy - 1935 BUICK REST-O-MOD For Sale

Pre War Buicks For Sale - PreWarBuick - The Largest Vintage Buick gallery on the web - PreWarBuick.com - there's none here right now, but probably a better bet for a stock one.

Have you searched Craigslist? From the quick searches I did, there seem to be way more rods / customs than stock available.

Good luck...I'd say a good choice for appearance.

.... I don't care so much about mechanicals or drivetrain condition, but restored original running car is a plus.
If you find a car do you plan to re power / hot rod it ?

Go the the craigslist sticky at the top of this forum to search

I wouldn't necessarily re-engine, but I'm not opposed to it. I wouldn't Hot Rod it. That said, I do want a usable car and I haven't driven a straight -8 to know if I would like it. I really like straight 6 that I have in several BMWs and also my 51 Ford F-1. This brings up a question. Can side mount spare wheels and a trunk be added to any sedan or are there special fenders? Also, how hard are the wheel covers to aquire?

T-Raz

Edited by T-Raz (see edit history)

This brings up a question. Can side mount spare wheels and a trunk be added to any sedan or are there special fenders?
Special as the wheel fits in a recess
Also, how hard are the wheel covers to aquire?
Very hard. Side mounts are popular. But if have a lot of $$$ a skilled sheetmetal man can fabricate

Have a look at 1929 - 1934 PreWar Buick Gallery - PreWarBuick.com

Straight 8s are beautiful. I just love driving my '41. They are a very smooth, quiet engine. Of course, in stock condition, these cars aren't necessarily geared for Interstate speeds, but 55 mph speed limits are no issue at all.

The Craigslist search is a good idea...sorry for not thinking of that earlier. At least that will give you an idea of what is out there overall.

Good luck.