Brake Booster Pressure Switch

Guest cliffh

I don't have an Oldsmobile, yet. There is always that possibility. I have a 36 Ford, a 41 Studebaker Champion and a 65 Corvair Monza Convertible. I signed on to this site to see if I can help a friend who has an 91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible. It is a fine car but has a brake problem.

It needs "pressure switch" that as I understand it, mounts on the master cylinder. The GM part number is GM88927270. The AC Delco number is 18M873. We have had no luck in finding one. The local Buick dealer has searched but with no success. Can anyone help?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to rebuild the faulty switch?

My friend and I are both strangers to Oldsmobiles and we need some help on this one

Thanks

CliffH

I don't have an Oldsmobile, yet. There is always that possibility. I have a 36 Ford, a 41 Studebaker Champion and a 65 Corvair Monza Convertible. I signed on to this site to see if I can help a friend who has an 91 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Convertible. It is a fine car but has a brake problem.

It needs "pressure switch" that as I understand it, mounts on the master cylinder. The GM part number is GM88927270. The AC Delco number is 18M873. We have had no luck in finding one. The local Buick dealer has searched but with no success. Can anyone help?

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to rebuild the faulty switch?

My friend and I are both strangers to Oldsmobiles and we need some help on this one

Thanks

CliffH

Which is this, the brake booster vacuum level switch, or the master cylinder fluid level switch? Your thread title says one thing, but the text says something else. Or is this related to the ABS? Neither of the first two are critical to the safe operation of the car. All of them appear to be available from Rockauto.com.

The part number we're given is for a power brake booster pump pressure switch. He's right - it is discontinued. Only discontinued about a year ago, but none to be found anywhere. Sounds like a junkyard item.

Paul

Does this car have a vacuum booster or hydraulic booster (Powermaster)? The former will work fine without the switch. The latter requires the switch.