How to get from the Chocolate Field to the Parade

Bill Clark

Ok, I've paid my $109.50 fine to the local magistrate for my illegal UTurn on Saturday morning. From here on out I'll try very hard not to spend any more in the Hershey area on gas, meals, or hotels.

Is there a way to get my car from the Chocolate Field South to the parade route? My suggestion would be to open the gate on Park Blvd for an hour to let show cars get through. What is the suggested route to the show?

Thanks

Bill

Guest windjamer

:mad:OK,Bill made a mistake. Cost him $109.50. So did lots of outhers. I know the sign was there,but imho the gastopo cop directing trafic might have performed his duty a little better by providing a safe turn instead of trying to brake the record for number of tickets given. Considering the millions of dollers left in Hershey thanks to OUR show I would think officals would want a little more friendy responce. I left nearly $100.00 at one resturant, in support of Bill and outhers I will be sure to buy my food and gas else where next year. I hope outhers will do the same. Its to bad there isnt anouther place near that could handle our show.I bet they would appreciate the stimulus we bring, seems Hershey gets a little less friendly each year.:mad:

First of all, people are looking into the traffic issue for next year. NO ONE wants to see our guests get traffic tickets. I personally think the situation could have been handled far differently and more lenient.

Dick, I had people tell me that this year people were the happiest and friendliness in decades! Perspective is different for all I guess. However, to blame an entire town or community because of the actions of a few is senseless. What good to the show would result from people not spending money in town? Nothing positive would result.

Edited by Steve Moskowitz (see edit history)

Guest windjamer

First let me admit that I was not at Hershey on Sat. and was not a witness to events. I did catch heck Thurs. from a trafic person. Next Bill and one outher recipent of a ticket are members of my club. To ans. your question,it just might get the attention of the powers that be, and result in a more friendly atmosphere.:) Last, THANK YOU to the HERSHEY folks booing the cop.:eek:

This was my 32nd Hershey, I love it, I would not miss it, if I am not there check the hospital or worse. However, in that many years I have witnessed or experienced a Derry Township Fire Police officer go nuts on someone. Yes, it is a stressful job, but don't tell me they never have crowds at Hershey Park. When we arrived we met a very nice young woman who was amazingly nice. We actually said "this could be the year they get it". But by morning the Chief must have passed out the cood-aid to the troops because I saw a cop have such a tempor tantram at some poor guy who did not stop at the "exact" spot the cop pointed to with his flashlight, it was amazing. Behavour like that was an unbefitting the fine community of Herhey, and I see it every year. I can only imagine the what impression this guy made on that particular visitor and those who also saw what I did that morning on Hershey Park Drive. I hope they come back, Hershey is a great town and we have a great club.

Guest windjamer

Thank you Bob. You expressed the situation better than I. Im a newby at Hershey, only 13 years ,but I love it.Usualy I sit up as a vendor from Tues. till Fri. then drive back to Binghamton to get the wife and two cars for the show Sat. This year I missed the show due to wifes illness. Cant wate for next year.

Like you, I find no fault with MOST of Hershey folks and look forward to comeing back,but I still think the local police need to be rigned in a little. Sometimes LITTLE people let a little power go to there head. Reminds me of an old 50s song (Im gonna be a wheel some day) At an army post a life time ago the local cops came down on all the GIs and navy every week end,usualy for a vary minor offence. The base co. put a stop to it. He locked the post down. After the first week end the mayor wanted to know where the service men are. Co told him they couldnt come to town without getting a ticket so he was keeping us home. After about a mo. we where allowed to go back into town. Cops couldnt be nice enough.:eek::). Wonder why.:rolleyes: