Ebay (Good experience)

charlie1

I know a lot of people on this board purchase items from ebay. I have purchased over 200 items and never had a bad experience until last week. I purchased a Passport Radar detector for $86.00. When it arrived it worked for 1 day before it stoped working. The serial numbers were removed from the unit. I filed a dispute and the seller did not respond. I did a lot of searching on ebay and found a 800 number to call along with a security code to punch in once the phone was answered.

I explained the situation to the ebay customer service rep and she immediately gave me credit for my $86.00 which included shipping. She advised me to take the unit to my local Police department.

End of story

The code is specific to the member. They were complete aware of my complaint as soon as they answered the phone. They also were aware that I was a good customer and had purchased 199 items with all outstanding feed back.

The real problem is searching ebay for the telephone number, seems like they hide it. As info I conducted this business with ebay at 5PM EST on a Sunday afternoon.

Charlie

E bay is no help.they expect the buyer to pay return shipping,While the seller is the one who created the problem.

In my case they were going to send me a prepaid shipping label to return to seller until I mentioned serial numbers were removed. Thus they said to take it to local Police Dept.

Charlie

E bay is only protecting itself,in this case,of missing I D numbers.When you tell them there missing, E bay has to tell you to bring the unit to the police,or aid the seller in the sale.E bay wants the sale to go threw, ONLY if they are not part of the sale of stolen items.

Guest mgibson

I have been using eBay for about 10 years and most all experiences have been good. I buy many different items and am always careful to check out the seller. I seldom would buy from anyone that has less than 98% positive feedback. Recently I had a potentially bad experience that turned out good, thanks to eBay! I purchased two ink cartridges and the seller sent the wrong ones. I emailed him and he agreed it was a mistake. Just send them back and he would send the correct ones plus refund me shipping. I sent them but he never claimed the package at the Post Office so they were returned to me. The seller then did not respond to emails. Finally, I contacted eBay by filing a dispute and it became a "he said---she said" thing. I then sent eBay copies of my emails I had sent the seller and found a number to call (down deep in the dispute section within PayPal). That number is 1-888-221-1161.

The person I spoke to was very helpful and found the seller to be nonresponsive to eBay's inquiry too. In the end, eBay refunded me the purchase price plus shipping and a "courtesy" refund that more than covered my cost of returning the product to the seller. As for the cartridges that I still had, they said "keep them". I will probably sell them on eBay!:D

Guest Kingsley

Ebay - From a seller's standpoint, I have a distinct dislike for them due to their fees. Listing fee bearable but per sold item fee of 12% is rough. On the pro side - good exposure for a seller. Their coupling with PayPal fee of 2.9% just rubs a bit more salt in the wound. Took issue with them yesterday over their dictate of Pay Pal as as almost sole payment medium and learned that personal check or money order can be used but stipulation made that Buyer must be agreeable to use of alternative.

Having said all of this, you do not see me leaving them - only disgruntled.

My comments are from the perspective of a seller and I appreciate Ebay's appeal for buyers and long as discretion is exercised.

Sill looking for some of the Reatta model year introductory slides as need some good pictures for use in upcoming website. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

How much TIME did all the Emails sent to the seller, he said she said take with E bay. Taking the item to post office. The time spent to file a claim.All theSearching Ebay for the telephone number, Hidden down deep. Hours and hours,all so Ebay can make money.

Guest Mc_Reatta

Shouldn't the probably stolen radar dector really be sent back to the police dept in the town the seller is from? That way there might be a slim chance that the fellow it was stolen from could get it back if he reported it. If you take it to your police dept. it will probably never make it back to the victim and either disappear, get auctioned or get tossed.