1949 Roadmaster Ride Height

BuickCrazy

We recently purchased a 49 Roadmaster Sedanette. The car appears to sit fairly high, especially in the front. The bottom of the front and rear bumpers are both 15 inches, but the car is noticably higher in the front than the back. I have looked at various sorces for this information, but have not found anything. Does anybody know the ride height of this vehicle? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Randy

Congratulations on the purchase. I'm hoping someone with the same car will be able to help you out. Do you have a side shot of the car that you could post here? Some may be familiar enough to be able to know whether or not it looks correct for the car.

I love sedanettes. The closest I've gotten so far is the '41 tourback sedan.

Guest Straight eight
We recently purchased a 49 Roadmaster Sedanette. The car appears to sit fairly high, especially in the front. The bottom of the front and rear bumpers are both 15 inches, but the car is noticably higher in the front than the back. I have looked at various sorces for this information, but have not found anything. Does anybody know the ride height of this vehicle? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Randy

The ride height is Kooool Man. Back in the 40's that was THE Stance. I'll look for factory photos, but I think that is the way it was supposed to look.

As a former owner I can tell you to check 3 possible concerns. 1. tire size difference front to back - don't assume, check. 2. replacement of springs or are they original 3. possible but unlikely - the lever shocks are stuck in a position that would hold up all that mass.

Again - possible but unlikely that the 320 would be replaced with a lighter 248.

Thanks for the responses guys. I found the correct ride height in the front of the shop manual - a little over 11 inches, so our car is approximately 4 inches too high all the way around. I will check all your suggestions and go from there. Please forward ant other suggestion that may come to mind. Thanks!

Randy