eBay: Stunning, low miles 75 Riviera GS

Guest 75RivGS

Guest 75RivGS

Noticed this one before while on eBay (seller in Portland OR).... been a long time since I saw a beautiful 1975 like this.

This generation (74-76 Rivs) is the most neglected IMHO.

Pity it doesn't have the Riviera wheel centers and the chrome left outside mirror w/ thermometer. Wonder what reserve price is.

75rivgs4z87t5h428955boi.jpg

75rivgs4z87t5h428955boi.jpg

75rivgs4z87t5h428955boie.jpg

Buick : Riviera:eBay Motors (item 140351357896 end time Oct-19-09 19:03:49 PDT)

(Not 1.300 but 3.100 GS's were built.)

Guest 75RivGS

75 and 76 455's were all painted blue.

A few years ago when the engine was out of my 75 Riviera I had trouble to find out the correct blue for the engine; Olds blue and GM blue didn't match with the few spots of original blue that were still on the engine. (nor with the 'blue'engine photos I collected over the years:

76rivierawhite8.jpg

76buickriviera15.jpg

764z87y6h529621stauntonVA7.jpg

75RivGS4Z87T5H428955BoiseID025.jpg

75rivstcharlesMO11.jpg

Edited by 75RivGS (see edit history)

Back on topic, I too really like the 75-76 Rivieras. As we all know the Riviera was the flagship car for Buick from 63-73. The 63-65's and the 66-67's are arguably some of the best styled cars of all time. The Boattails were frankly radical. Then we get the 74-77's which many consider blasphemy.

I would agree that Bill Mitchell's influence over Riviera styling was on the wane. I think he took a lot of heat for the Boattail styling and just said 'screw it' - he had styled or had a hand in the styling of so many great GM cars for nearly 40 years.

Nonetheless, take these cars for what they are. Still well styled, looking "period" and now in my opinion handsome, distinct cars.

Here are some I have found for sale now:

http://www.countryclassiccars.com/spcars_329.htm

http://www.countryclassiccars.com/spcars_319.htm

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Guest 75RivGS

@ Kevin: will definately try to locate that AMC-blue (will have to find it here at local dealers, for it is hard to have spraycans shipped by air (IAATA-rules) )

My other Buicks all have their own charmes, but the 75 Riviera is my favorite cruiser. That car handles like dream (and yes I agree: prior Rivieras had their 'head turner'style, more power etc), but when it comes to luxury and smooth driving nothing beats the 75 Riviera.

@ Bryan:

I saw that green Riviera IRL there in Staunton, Illinois at CCC. Last December when I drove a 66 Riviera GS from NY to TX I passed that place and in stead of having a quick look, I spent several hours wandering through the buildings and lots stocked with 6-ties and 70-ties cars, Definately a place to visit if you're into cars of that era.

I agree the '75 & '76 Riviera is a beautiful car. Very underappreciated, as most mid seventies cars are IMHO.

Fine examples of these cars are a rare sight, I can't tell you the last time I saw one of these in person.

The red one pictured in this thread's opening post is probably the nicest ones I've seen pictures of in recent memory.