Looking for a center console piece

I would like to replace the "mahogany" piece of my center console (don't know the proper name for it). Mine is cracked where it bends up for the seat controls and has a lot of scratches. Also, I'm missing the leather pad on the ashtray lid.

If anyone has a decent replacement from a ginger interior, let's talk.

Mille grazie

Guest My TC Toy

Look back a few threads for "FS: Parting out a V6 91 TC" by Mazing HL. Post a message.

Maybe he could help you.

Good Luck

Guest d_voitel

The interior that MAZING HL is parting out is black. That wouldn't preclude the 'mahogany' piece you're looking for though. That piece might be O.K. You'll have to ask him.

Thanks. I thought of asking for a part from that car but then I realized I'd still have to go hunting for that leather piece on the ashtray lid to match my interior. Since I'm not desperate for the piece (yet), I figured I would hunt around a bit.

Guest My TC Toy

A suggestion for the ashtray piece may be to visit a local upholstery shop. Get a small piece of leather or fake leather as close to your colour as possible. You can get a small piece of hard plastic sheet, glue on a thin layer of padding and stretch the leather over it. This piece will then simply glue on to the ashtray cover.

Good luck

Guest d_voitel

There is a set of pictures in the other thread by mazingHL. It shows the plastic (mahogany) piece you're looking for. I can't tell whether or not if it's broken, but it's there. Take a look at the pictures.